Time Difference Metric
How and when to use the time difference metric
We use the the time difference metric to calculate the time taken between any two events. For example, what is the time taken for short distance trips, time taken between orders started and orders completed, and so on.
- How long does an order take to reach one of the remote areas?
- How long does a parcel take to reach from different warehouses that we have?
- Navigate to the selected dashboard and click the Edit Console button to enable editing mode, which allows the user to add a metric.
- In the Metric studio, click on the Add New Metric.
Metric Studio: Add New Metric
- When the window appears, select Metric Type to begin visualising the specified metric. In this case, we select the Time Difference Metric.
Choosing Time Difference Metric
Fields required for time difference metric
- Metric Name
- Entity - These are components of your business that have both a location and time component. It could be users, riders, stores, and so on. This metric can only be calculated on any entities with a starting and an ending event. For example, trip (start and completed), orders( start and completed) and so on.
- Start Event- This is the basically the first event which will serve as the starting point for the distance calculation. This could be the starting point of a trip, the ending point of a trip, starting point of an oder pick up and so on.
- End Event - This is the basically the first event which will serve as the starting point for the distance calculation. This could be the starting point of a trip, the ending point of a trip, starting point of an oder pick up and so on.
- Unique count
- Event to visualize: This is the event that will be shown on the map. The users can choose to visualize the "Start event" or "End Event". For example, if you want to visualize the distance taken either from the starting point of the trip or the ending point of the trip.
✨Note: Event to Visualize drop down of "start" or "end" will be available only for hex console and not trips console.
Here's an example metric that we can create using time difference metric:
Metric name: Avg order delivery time
Start Event: Order Started
End Event: Order Ended
Event to visualize: Order Started