Comment on page
Time Spent Metric
When and how to add a time spent metric on Locale
This metric calculates the time between two events for your supply. The supply could be vehicles, driver fleet, or delivery personnel. Through this, you can measure the idle time of the driver, time spent in delivering an order, or idle time at the restaurants or warehouses. This can be used to measure the performance or productivity of your fleet and analyze the time they are not spending delivering your order.
For example: What is the
idle timeof the delivery personnel in Brooklyn from 1 PM to 3 PM?
- Navigate to the selected dashboard and click the Edit Console button to enable editing mode, which allows the user to add a metric.
- In the Metric studio, click on the Time Spent Metric.
- When the window appears, select Metric Type to begin visualizing the specified metric. In this case, we select the Time Spent Metric.
Choosing time spent metric
- Metric Name
- Entity - These are components of your business that have both a location and time component. It could be users, riders, stores, and so on.
- Entity Event - Users must input the event corresponding with the entity in this field. The events are associated with the supplier entities like delivery personnel, driver fleet, bikes, and so on. Some of the events are:
- In use (for bikes)
- Working (for delivery executives and driver fleet)
- Event Property - The event property is time_spent by default and it cannot be changed by the user.
- Aggregation - This field appears as soon as we choose the event property Here we enter the mode of aggregation, i.e how we want the data to be processed. Here are a few modes of aggregation that the users can choose:
- Unique count
Adding time spent metric
In order to create a metric that shows how many user cancellations have occurred, we provide the following entries:
- Metric Name - Bikes in use
- Entity - Bikes
- Event Property - time_spent (default)
- Entity event - in_use
- Aggregation - max
Entries for time spent metric