Comment on page
Entity Property Metric
When and how to create an entity property metric on Locale
This metric allows the users to add their entity properties to the map. Entity properties could be the user id, amount, average revenue per user, and so on.
For example, What is the count of the total km driven by the bike in an area at 6 PM
- Navigate to the selected dashboard and click the Edit Console button to enable editing mode, which allows the user to add a metric.
- In the Metric studio, click on the Add New Metric.
- When the window appears, select Metric Type to begin visualizing the specified metric. In this case, we select the Entity Property Metric.
Choosing the entity property metric
- Metric Name
- Entity - These are components of your business that have both a location and time component. It could be users, riders, stores, and so on.
- Event Property - These are the properties that are associated with the entities. It could be user_id, age of the user, and so on. Every entity has unique properties.
- Aggregation - This field appears as soon as we choose the event property. Here we enter the mode of aggregation, i.e how we want the data to be processed. Here are a few modes of aggregation that the users can choose:
- Unique count
The users must provide an event property that is associated with the entity chosen. For example, you cannot choose vehicle_id when the entity is the user.
Adding an entity property metric
In order to create a metric that shows the number of installs, we provide the following entries:
- Metric Name - Installs
- Entity - User
- Event Property - user_id
- Aggregation - count unique
Entries for entity property metric