When and how to add a computed metric on Locale
Through this metric, the user can perform various operations on the base metrics like adding them or subtracting them. It is important to note that the computed metric will change if the base metrics are changed by adding or removing filters. It will help the user better understand the relationship between the metrics.
For example, we can create the
churnmetric by using
- Navigate to the selected dashboard and click the Edit Console button to enable editing mode, which allows the user to add a metric.
- In the Metric studio, click on the Add New Metric.
- When the window appears, select Metric Type to begin visualizing the specified metric. In this case, we select the Computed Metric.
Choosing Computed metric
- Metric Name
- Formula: The users have to enter the operation or the formula that they want to perform on the metrics. For example: Churn = Bookings - Searchers or Revenue/User
Adding computed metric
In order to create a metric that shows how many user cancellations have occurred, we provide the following entries:
- Metric Name - Churn
- Formula - Searches - Bookings
Entries for computed metric