Event Count Metric
When and how to add an event count metric on Locale
This metric calculates the number of times an event has occurred at a fixed asset. They are entities of their business that don’t move as time passes. Through this metric, you can measure the number of trips started or ended from a particular point or the various actions performed by the user.
For example, What is the unique count of the users that have cancelled in a particular area.
- Navigate to the selected dashboard and click the Edit Console button to enable editing mode, which allows the user to add a metric.
- In the Metric studio, click on the Add New Metric.
- When the window appears, select Metric Type to begin visualizing the specified metric. In this case, we select the Event Count Metric.
Choosing event count metric
- Metric Name
- Entity - These are components of your business that have both a location and time component. It could be users, riders, stores, and so on.
- Entity Event - Users must input the event corresponding with the entity in this field. The events differ from one entity to the next. For example, the events associated with "user" are installs, searches, bookings, and so on.
- Second Event - The second event is based on the industry that the user chooses. It can be the start of a trip or an ending of the trip. For a logistics company, it can be when the order reaches a warehouse, or when the good has been delivered, and so on.
- Event Property - These are the properties that are associated with the entities. It could be user_id, age of the user, and so on. Every entity has unique properties.
- Aggregation - This field appears as soon as we choose the event property Here we enter the mode of aggregation, i.e how we want the data to be processed. Here are a few modes of aggregation that the users can choose:
- Unique count
Adding event count metric
In order to create a metric that shows how many user cancellations have occurred, we provide the following entries:
- Metric Name - User Cancellations
- Entity - User
- Event Property - user_id
- Entity event: canceled
- Aggregation - count unique
Entries for event count metric