Comment on page
Intent Count Metric
When and how to add an intent count metric on Locale
This metric allows the users to group events that have been performed with a similar intention. It is particularly useful when a user performs the same action multiple times, before moving on to the next. The users can also categorize the events based on
vehicle idand so on
For example, if a user searches for a cab multiple times between 10:00 AM to 10:05 AM, before booking, then you can add your interval as 5 minutes. These multiple events are grouped and counted as one event.
- Navigate to the selected dashboard and click the Edit Console button to enable editing mode, which allows the user to add a metric.
- In the Metric studio, click on the Add New Metric.
- When the window appears, select Metric Type to begin visualizing the specified metric. In this case, we select the Intent Count Metric.
Choosing intent count metric
- Metric Name
- Entity - These are components of your business that have both a location and time component. It could be users, riders, stores, and so on.
- Entity Event - Users must input the event corresponding with the entity in this field. The events differ from one entity to the next. For example, the events associated with "user" are installs, searches, bookings, and so on.
- Event Property - These are the properties that are associated with the entities. It could be user_id, age of the user, and so on. Every entity has unique properties.
- Grouping Columns - The events can be grouped according to different categories. For example, all the users who have booked multiple times towards the same destination.
Note: When creating this metric, the grouping column is not a compulsory field.
- Grouping Time - This is the time span across which the events can be grouped. The activities can be grouped into groups ranging from 1 minute to 60 minutes. For example, if the user selects 15 minutes, any events occurring during that time period with similar intent, such as searching for an app, will be grouped together.
Adding intent count metric
In order to create a metric that depicts user searches between 10:00 AM to 10:15 AM, before making the booking
- Metric Name - Group Searches
- Entity - Users
- Entity Event - Searched
- Event Property - user_id
- Aggregation - count unique
- Grouping Column - gender (we can add more than one column over here)
- Grouping time - 15 minutes
Entries for intent count